Monday, November 12, 2012

little idols set up on every street corner


Beloved, we are God's children now and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is. 1 John 3:2

Who is this God I serve? Somehow, implied in this Scripture is the idolatry that haunts every single person across the globe. We all have created gods in our own image, each has gone astray. And it has become a mad twisted childhood fable, of tigers chasing themselves around a banyan tree, until they turn into a pool of butter.  

Yet I am His beloved child even now, in the process of becoming.  Each of us wandering sheep. And the curtain will be ripped away. The veil which was torn in two will be banished forever. And we will see the Holy of Holies as He is.  And most mysterious of all, we shall be like Him.  

I cannot but believe for all of our posturing in fancy fine clothes of our own making or borrowing or stealing, that deep down we know the Truth.  I do. The flashes of bright unspeakable joy that pierce the fog and gives me hope.  That show me the next step on the path because His footprint is pressed into the loose sand.  Jesus said to Pilate: “I have been born and have come into the world for this reason—to testify to the Truth. Everyone who belongs to the Truth listens to my voice.”

And so once again, I determine to turn away from the mud pies of my own making and to listen.  To look.  Open my eyes, that I may see.

No comments:

Post a Comment