Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is He listening through the pebbled sprayed on foam ceiling above me?


But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I will trust in the LORD forever and ever.  I will praise You forever because You have done it, and in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.  Psalm 52:8-9

What has He done?

It.

He created the heavens and earth and declared it good.  And somehow in the midst of the bad and the ugly, my heart recognizes the good that is all encompassing: the pulse of life at the cellar level, the throb of particles in the molecular level, the ripples of energy through the spaces in between.  

The crooked smile of the kid reaching for the recyclable bit of trash under the purple Texas Ranger, “My teacher would be so proud of me,” and the piled up masses of rain clouds heaving silently over the rumbling freeway both promise hope in the dry desert of life.  

And as I wait, silently, in this slightly frayed Ramada Inn with the rattling refrigerator and the lingering hint of stale cigarettes and the ever-present and equally frayed Gideon’s Bible, I will praise His name.

I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I will trust in the LORD forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment