Thursday, January 10, 2013

I can run but I cannot hide


The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing. Psalm 34:10

This verse is all about where do I look to fill myself up: my own strength and wisdom and rather limited insight, even if I were to be virile and wild and filled with taut power, it is not sufficient.  

And everything in our society urges us to spring forth and rip into It on our own, digging our claws and teeth into It– and yet He whispers Wait and Rest and I Will Lead you.  

Claro, there were many moments last night as I experienced Les Miz last night: Eponine’s willingness to love the idea of love and hope even though she was left standing outside alone: Why regret what could not be? The love of a father for his daughter, or in Alan’s case, daughter, she young men clambering to light the flame, and for me, most of all, Jean Valjean’s willingness to release, Not my will but Thine.  

It is not a happy world, with disheveled masses reaching, reaching through iron bars for illusive morsels, nor is it pretty– the tear-stained smears of paint on a woman, so many women, crumpled and weeping of dreams that are not to be.  But there is beauty even in the face of small body lying stiff on the pavement stones.  And good.  Goodness unleashed by mercy, for mercy is of Him, freely given to those who seek His face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment