Tuesday, January 8, 2013

it's a little hard to ignore the buzzing in my ear


I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

All those fears– the what-might-be’s and what-could-be’s– that sneak into unprotected lulls in thought or otherwise complacent dreams or darkly shadow an outlook.  I think that is part of the burden-is-light part of following Jesus. 

I can take my big bundle of fears- both unnamed as well as those that fingered like a rosary– and dump it as His feet.  And leave it.  There.  

Although with reflection, perhaps it is good to name them.  Take control of every thought so you can pray.  Take ownership of the gnats buzzing in my ears, smoosh it with a name, and it is His.  So often we are focusing on the gnats when the LORD God Almighty is waiting to be sought. Although sometimes they don’t feel like gnats but rather a big ugly black wasp that needs watching.  But still smooshable.  

My late night or early morning or flitting thoughts driving down Speedway are to be about Him and not the fears that build up into an ugly crescendo of distraction.  

libens volens potens.  He is there.  Ready, willing and able.  To deliver me.

No comments:

Post a Comment