Sunday, September 15, 2013

chipped pink toe nails

And great crowds came to him, bringing with them the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute, and many others, and they put them at his feet, and he healed them, so that the crowd wondered, when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled healthy, the lame walking, and the blind seeing. And they glorified the God of Israel. Then Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion on the crowd because they have been with me now three days and have nothing to eat. And I am unwilling to send them away hungry, lest they faint on the way.” And the disciples said to him, “Where are we to get enough bread in such a desolate place to feed so great a crowd?” Matthew 15: 30-33

So I went to a Holy Spirit conference this weekend.  Very much praying Give me ears to hear and eyes to perceive the manifold glories of God that I might worship You.  

 And in reality nothing dramatic happened.  No tingling hands and feet.  No descending lights.  No healing balms of Gilead. No prophetic words.  So at one point, I decided to just step into it, even lacking signs and marvels, and to request anointing.  Just like that.  And the line I stepped into resonated with my general understanding of one of my gifts, and I asked for a tender, even broken, heart for intercession.

And I pretty much figure God would like us all to carry that around.  An aching heart for hungry crowds. And He calls on me, His disciple, to be His hands and feet.  The speaker called it God’s addiction to incarnation. After Jesus gives thanks, He breaks the bread and gives it to me to serve, His compassionate provision, lest they faint in the road, the pilgrimage to Zion. 

And a woman who I knew from many years ago ran up and said, “Christy, it’s also about the gift of evangelism; you are anointed with that gift too.”  Sharing the good news.  Good news of happiness. And I am curious to see how it plays from here on out as I head out into Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday. Perhaps now my feet will burn with the Spirit’s presence. 

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”

My feet, complete with chipped pink toenail polish. 


Give me ears to hear and eyes to perceive the manifold glories of God that I might worship You.  



No comments:

Post a Comment