Tuesday, October 29, 2013

hago, haces, hace, hacemos

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. Matthew 28:18-20

And to Him was given dominion
and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve Him;
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and His kingdom one
that shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7:14-15

So God in the second person of the trinity permanently purchases
With perfect purpose and a death of infinite worth
Rising from the earth to assert certain prophetic words
Serving as a legal substitution to completely reverse the curse
To God alone belongs salvation. M. Ramirez

Go therefore and make disciples.

And the making part is very tied up in the “therefore” part–all authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me.

And I am pretty sure that is not how I frame my life. Not the glasses I wear as I trudge out into the day, tired before it starts, viewing the tremendous mountain of heavy-laden soaring upward, blocking the sun.

And while it is true that some of the disciples, even as they stood on the mountaintop of Galilee with The One Triumphant Over Death, still stood in disbelief, refusing to take hold of His feet and worship.

I can choose.

And this sort of decision is based on empirical evidence. I mean, Jesus was right there, with a thrustable hole in His side, and still they stood, unbent. That angel smashed open the earth and shone like lightening, and still those guards accepted filthy lying lucre. And this morning the waning moon hung high above the noctilucent blue billows striating across pale pewter skies declaring that I am without excuse.

Still.  Still can be an adverb used for saying that something remains true despite what you have just said, Or. It can be an adjective describing my heart.

Still. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given unto Him.

And I kneel down, releasing it all, the heavy-self-constructed-burdens. And therefore, go and make disciples.


Yesterday I tried to explain the power and breadth of the Spanish verb hacer, to do and to make at the same time. Let it be so.


No comments:

Post a Comment