Monday, July 7, 2014

Do not be dismayed

La salvación es del Señor.
¡Sea sobre tu pueblo tu bendición! 
Selah. Salmo 3,8

From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.
Selah Psalm 3:8

Another definition for salvación is liberation.

And I remember asking a Sicilian cyclist why he rode El Camino, as we drank our little mid-morning café con leches, and he smiled big and broad, and said, “Freedom. Free, free, free. I sense this huge freedom.”

And that was true for me as well…not freedom from responsibilities or pain or relationships, but freedom because I was so very aware of God’s presence and guidance. From Him comes freedom.

And I just got a text from a friend who needs to meet with me urgently. And since I can’t meet at eleven, she is coming over here at seven, in two hours to talk. And these conversations typically go very poorly and are not much fun.

Show me Your ways, O LORD, and teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; in You have I trusted all the day long. Psalm 25:3-4

And I did the googlesearch thing on “Selah” and have pretty much settled on the Amplified rendering: Pause and think calmly about that.

And may I trust in You all the day long.

Pause and think calmly about that.

And as I walked in the front door my friend texted me and is not coming. And I am so very happy that I didn’t fret too much doing those flipturns. Because all the fretting in the world does not add one cubit to my span. And of course, fretting is flat out not looking, not learning, not following, and not trusting.  

Yes, it is pretty much like sticking my hand down an octopus hole. 

Pause and think calmly about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment