Wednesday, February 4, 2015

And He heard me out of His holy hill.

For the LORD God is both sun and shield; He will give grace and glory; No good thing will the LORD withhold from those who walk with integrity. O LORD of hosts, happy are they who put their trust in You! Psalm 84:10–12

Early in the morning I cry out to You, for in Your word is my trust. Psalm 119:147

I put my trust in Your mercy; my heart is joyful because of Your saving help. Psalm 13:5

And that old Facebook is a funny thing, a peculiar sense of community. And this morning, when this lady whose life  seems  practically perfect is every way posted the Romans verses describing pain: And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us, she got a jillion likes.

Life is hard. But the love of God has been, present perfect which means that an action has begun in the past and continues into the present, poured out in our hearts. By the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

I was doing research last night, preparing to take some national test to prove that I can be an English teacher, and I found out about Anne Bradshaw, really the very first American woman writer who sailed to the New World when she was 18 years old, in 1630. And she was branded a heretic because she believed that the Holy Spirit dwells within a justified person, and that His presence is not based on good words. So she was labeled as a Jezebel. And banished and was later slain in an Indian attack in New York.

And on that happy note, I head out the door, photo identification in hand​
.
It’s all about perseverance. Character. Hope. Love of God.

And joy. My first waking thought this morning was a cry for a heart of joy. And I did flip turns humming “Glory and the Lifter of my head.”


Dear LORD, so be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment