Monday, February 2, 2015

As it was in the beginning, so it is now and so it shall ever be.






Come, let us sing to the LORD; Let us rejoice this day in the strength of our salvation. Psalm 95:1



Jesus taught us, saying: “Treat others as you would like people to treat you. If you love those who love you, what credit can you expect? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit can you expect? For even sinners do that much. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to get money back, what credit can you expect? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back the same amount. Instead, love your enemies and do good to them, and lend without any hope of return. You will have a great reward, and you will be children of the Most High, for He himself is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.” Luke 6:31–35



In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust and will not be afraid, for what can flesh do to me? Psalm 56:4



I will meditate on Your commandments and give attention to Your ways. My delight is in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word. Psalm 119:16



Set me free, O God, from the bondage of my sins, and give me the liberty of that abundant life which You have made known to me in your Son our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen



Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, You have brought me in safety to this new day: Preserve me with Your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of Your purpose; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.



All I do.



It’s kind of crazy how the same old, same old is brand new.



The same old, same old lectio divina, for instance, seems brand new.



Really I have prayed that last Concluding Prayer of the Church every morning for days, weeks, months, and years. But the words grip me this morning with a brand new perspective.


Brand new.



Renewed. Made new.



Words and phrases leap out into my heart that I have brushed by in the past: strength of our salvation, without any hope of return, what can flesh do to me?, give attention, bondage of my sins, all I do, and most of all, delight,


Delight.



My joy bubbles over like the greenhouse St. Francis fountain in the background.



Let me rejoice in this day, child of the Most High.



So be it.


No comments:

Post a Comment