Sunday, February 15, 2015

Choosing to see with ayin tovah, a good eye.

Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my meditation. Psalm 5:1

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 54:6

John Parsons talks about the words of our heart, divarim, and the need to realize that they define the course of our life. Proverbs 4:24 says “more than all else, guard your heart, because from it are the bounds of your life.” Our thoughts and words are ultimately prayers we are constantly offering…How I think, which is prayer, determines the “bounds” or course, of my life. As Yeshua said, “According to your faith it shall be done unto you.”

Yeshua spoke of “good and evil treasure of the heart” that produces actions. The focus is not so much on externals, but rather on the underlying condition of the human heart. My inward motive determines my thinking, which in turn affects the way I act and use words. I must be on guard to keep away for lashon hara (evil speech) by focusing on what is worthy, lovely, and of good report.

And maybe I could get discouraged, because sometimes it doesn’t seem like I ever climb up higher and higher, but I just go round in round in circles. I mean, I wrote Remember Lot’s Wife over two years ago, and it is still the plea of my heart.

But I am reading Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes, and he explains that it is the hungering and thirsting after righteousness, the walking-alongside-relationship that is bless-ed, not the actually achievement of act and deed.

And I am obviously doing the stay-in-bed-and-get-well thing this fine cloudy Sunday morning. And listening to The Way of the Warrior by Grahame Cooke as he talks about entering into this place of ascension, above our normal circumstances, of abiding in this fearlessness of our approach to God, embracing His innate goodness, and joyfully trading on the immense favour that He has for us, getting lost in His beauty and grace.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own.
And the joy we share, as we tarry there
None other has ever known.


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 54:6

No comments:

Post a Comment