Monday, February 23, 2015

I have called you my friends.


Call to Worship Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth! 

Corporate confession Instead of trusting in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, we have tried to change through our own efforts. We have tried to change our hearts through sheer willpower. Forgive us for trying to heal ourselves. Forgive us for neglecting your grace. Forgive us and heal us, for Jesus’ sake. Amen. 

Contemplation “But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” Mark 9:22-24

Confession As a father disciplines his children, “the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and chastises every child whom He receives” (Hebrews 12:6). The point of discipline is correction and restoration. It is an invitation to fellowship. 

Prayer: Restore unto me the joy of salvation, and renew a right spirit within me. 

And this fellowship. Walking and Talking with Him. My friend Seth Barnes has a Listening Prayer devotional which can be transformational. I should know.


No comments:

Post a Comment