Friday, October 30, 2015

897. Thank you for my little Mac Air that got thrown onto a cement floor yesterday and didn't even flinch. Well, it reminded me that it has been 72 days since it has been backed up.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful, for I have taken refuge in you; in the shadow of your wings will I take refuge until this time of trouble has gone by. I will call upon the Most High God, the God who maintains my cause. He will send from heaven and save me; he will confound those who trample upon me; God will send forth his love and his faithfulness. Psalm 57:1-3

And He took bread and gave thanks for it, and broke it, and gave it to them. Luke 22:19

And all day long, Dear Lord God, may this be true for me. May I give thanks for the bread, Your gifts to me in abundance, and break it into bite-sized chunks, and give it to them, that clump of confused, distracted, discouraged, whispering doubtfulness to whom I am trying to explain what is important and true.

Dear Lord God.

Eucharisteo.
Giving thanks.

And may I be like Your Son, who made careful preparations. Then spoke with calm grace with full awareness of the suffering that awaited Him. Grace to those who would shortly betray Him and deny Him and run away from Him. And knelt down, a towel slung around his hips, and washed away the grime.

And after He offered them His body and blood, His all, they fussed and squabbled, totally off-task, about future seating arrangements. And it was okay. He prayed for them. Again and again, seeking strength from His Father. Nevertheless, not my will, but Yours, be done.

So yesterday was rough.
So I have totally rewritten today’s lesson plans.
And prayed through the list of names.
Giving thanks for each one.
And for this opportunity to serve the least of these, once again, in His name.


Eucharisteo.



No comments:

Post a Comment