Friday, July 22, 2016

Be anxious for nothing



My mouth shall recount Your mighty acts and saving deeds all day long; though I cannot know the number of them. Psalm 71:15

Letting your naked self be known by God is always to recognize your need for mercy and your own utter inadequacy and littleness. You realize that even the best things you've done have often been for mixed and selfish motives, not really for love. The saints often weep in the middle of prayer because they recognize how tiny they are in the presence of such Infinity. Your need for mercy draws you close to God. It's a wonderful and humiliating experience. Within contemplation, you stand under an immense waterfall of mercy, compassion, and forgiveness. –Richard Rohr

So this morning, Frederic sent me this YouTube link:
The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love

A deep deep flood, an ocean flows from You
Yeah, a deep deep love is filling up this room
Your innocent blood has washed my guilty life
In Your presence Lord, I’m completely satisfied



And Fred and I had a full year that year, wading through what is this deep, deep love. Until we couldn’t touch the bottom anymore, And we were lifted up by Him, and to Him and surrounded by Him. Sort of like floating in the Aegean Sea. And Pauline posted a picture of it this morning, lest I forget. 



And I can pay heed to the ceaseless crashing of fear and anger and anxiety through the airwaves as man desperately tries to save himself. Or seek another to save him.

Or I can stare into the darkness of my heart and weep with hopelessness and shame.

Or I can take that big leap into His deep, deep love. And into His peace, His peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand, recounting what I have seen of His mighty acts and saving deeds. Of His unceasing love and faithfulness.

And I cannot know even the smallest number of them, and He reaches down in love and faithfulness all over the crazily spinning planet.

But I can speak to what He has done for me. And the beloved ones that I hold in my heart. And much like the man who had been freed from Legion, I can obey the Master, who said to him, “Go home to your friends and family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how He has had mercy on you.”  And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him, and everyone marveled.


May it be so, says the one who has just returned from a pilgrimage through the fullness of His grace and the richness of His beauty. 





No comments:

Post a Comment