Saturday, December 17, 2016

Come in, come in.

I will give thanks to You, O LORD, with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing Your praise. When I called, You answered me; You increased my strength within me. Though the LORD be high, He cares for the lowly; He perceives the haughty from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You keep me safe; The LORD will make good His purpose for me; O LORD, Your love endures forever; do not abandon the works of Your hands. Psalm 138

O holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary soul rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!

Truly He taught us to love one another
His law is love and His gospel is peace
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
And in His name all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy name –O Holy Night,
Placide Cappeau de Roquemaure, 1867


There is nothing new under the sun.
Words written 150 years ago still pierce in truth.
And for eighty years the neighborhood families of El Hoyo have reenacted the expectant Mary and Joseph seeking lodging,
celebrating the new and glorious morn, God With Us.

 Small children with shiny white shirts and bright blue ties clutch the mic and sing
Sweet hymns of hope.
And while Tucson’s mild version of a winter storm whips rain and rattles loose aluminum roofing by candlelight
A stillness wraps its warmth around my heart.



And in despair I bowed my head
There is no peace on earth I said
For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men

Then rang the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead, nor does He sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men. –Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 1863

Dear Lord Jesus,
Today, once again I ask,

May I recognize You, and invite You in.



No comments:

Post a Comment