Friday, December 16, 2016

I bow my knee.

Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your Name give glory; because of Your love and because of Your faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

From this little room and this short hour I can lift up my mind beyond all time and space to Thee, the uncreated One, until the light of Thy countenance illumines all my life. –John Baillie

Perspective: the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.

His particular point.

And really, as the small group at the African Methodist Episcopalian discovered last night, gathered around the plastic table under the fluorescent lights in the back trailer reading Ephesians, it is a mystery. His manifold wisdom that remains hidden until He chooses to reveal it, His eternal purpose that He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him.

So it is really not that I am going to understand the 400,000 deaths in Aleppo. What it is really about is a confidence in Him, He who sees and purposes in love and faithfulness. In whom I have boldness and access.

Which leads me to the Scripture that I have scotch-taped up in every classroom since that little back trailer at Grace Christian, my prayer for my kiddos: For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

That they might know the love of Christ, Emmanuel, God with us.
For His glory.

Selah.


No comments:

Post a Comment