Saturday, February 18, 2017

My heart shall become your heart.

“So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple without giving up all that he owns.” -Jesus

He stilled the storm to a whisper and quieted the waves of the sea. Then they were glad because of the calm and He brought them to the harbor they were bound for. Psalm 107:30

The Lord is my shepherd and nothing is wanting to me. In green pastures He has settled me. THE SHORT BREVIARY

And the thing is, He is my green pastures.

He is my harbor that I was bound for.

That is the point of all.

Giving up all, lest we be lured by some lie from the enemy that anything else satisfies or offers real comfort.

Pouring out every last drop, so that He might fill me up.

Yep, like a happy horse returning to his warm stable, my thoughts gallop back to Lewis, as he delineates the promise and delight of “all.”

“Give me all of you. I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want you, all of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to kill it. No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out. Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.” –C. S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment