Tuesday, February 28, 2017

There’s some Good in this world. And it’s worth fighting for.

I will call upon God, and the LORD will deliver me. God, who is enthroned of old, will hear me. Psalm 55:17, 20

Our God will come and will not keep silence; before Him there is a consuming flame, and round about Him a raging storm. Psalm 50:3

The present simple tense is usually used to refer to future events that are scheduled (and outside of our control).

He is LORD God. He will deliver. He will hear. He will come. He will not keep silence.

And even my calling out is beyond my control. My aching heart cries out from the midst of brokenness and injustice. How can I not turn to Him? To whom would I go? He has the words of life.

Nathan and Kaitlin Hershberger call out on a daily basis as well, as they hold The Light tightly to their collective breast in a dark and almost helpless place, facing “the lack–or impotence–of good in the world.” Iraq is just one of those places in this world that propels us almost hopelessly to our knees.

Almost.

This is what we hold on to. This is our hope: to find the hands and feet of Christ already at work around the world and partner with them–perhaps through volunteer assistance, perhaps through financial grants, but always through friendships–in the hopes that by sharing in their world and learning from them, Christ’s Kingdom, when it comes, finds a world a little less weary, a little less sick, and little more whole.

I will call out.

And He who is enthroned of old will hear me.

We will call out.

And He who is enthroned of old will hear us.


Our God will come and will not keep silence.



No comments:

Post a Comment