Thursday, May 10, 2012

All the iPads are out


When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none,
and their tongue is parched with thirst,
I the Lord will answer them;
I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
I will open rivers on the bare heights,
and fountains in the midst of the valleys.
I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
and the dry land springs of water.  Isaiah 41: 17-18

In the world of black suits, white shirts and shiny shoes.  The powerful and poised on all sides.  The guy next to me has hair just a tad longer that curls over the tops of his ears and his suit is grey herringbone.  Must be a college professor.  Drinking Ginger Ale at Caribu’s. Some sales man has just flown in to meet with him but had a little problem with an accident on the expressway.  A veritable parade of somber suits have gathered on the other side.  A lot of striding outside into the brisk wind to catch important phone calls.  Glossy folders being distributed for perusal.  Scanning the charts, tables and graphs.  Texting.  Everyone is very serious and brows are absolutely furrowed.  Except for the bustling Executive Assistant.  Subdued murmuring from all sides.  Nope, he’s an architect.   Listening to the pitch with a bemused look.  “We have our own way of doing things.” The young wannabes don’t know about ironing the creases out of the sleeves if you can’t afford dry cleaning. 
And so the earth spins.  Those who strive shall be as nothing.  

There is a sign posted in front of me.  For only $1.59 you can Save. Heal. Feed. Hope.  Change the Score.  Another brown suit joins the grey suit.  The folks on the left are all black suits.  

And as He works.  And keeps His promises.  I will fear not, for He is with me.  I will not be dismayed, for He will help me.  He will uphold me with His right hand.

That they may see and know that hand of the LORD has done this.

“And when I took over the Navy account, in 2007, my goal in life was to...”  And the Executive Assistant is left straightening up the chairs and empty water bottles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment