Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sometimes cramming a pillow over your head doesn't really help


Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”  John 20:8

Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you.” John 20:21

Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.”  John 20:26

Peace be with me.  His presence brings peace.  Even if the doors are locked because I am afraid.  

The pounding and the clamoring for my attention. So many needs to sort through and tangled emotions out there, hollering, “Is anyone home?”  Long hours talking to some nice person with sort of a British accent in the Philippines about the internet that stopped working and then the cable people who are coming between ten and twelve on Wednesday and a six hundred dollar water bill to protest and those weird charges on the credit card and plane tickets to buy while asking  for a bereavement discount and that brake pad light coming on even though I got new brakes last year and I have to go water the cat lady plants after I run up to Fry’s and get more milk and bananas and finish that letter of recommendation for the travel abroad program for an old student; even the pause and really listen to the nice man whose entire life was just dumped upside down and jumped on who is standing on my front doorstep while Pippen growls his disapproval is one more thing to do.  

And if I creep into the little closet of my soul, He is here.  

Peace be with You.  Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Dear LORD Jesus I ask you for presence.  For awareness of You in my life, standing in the midst of me and mine.  

And may I see you and be glad.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment