Friday, August 10, 2012

Please write this one word on my heart


Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5

This is Nicole’s word.  It dances across her room.  Bursts out from page after page of her journals.  It’s even the password on her college debt.  A reminder of what is true.  One word that sums up the Law and the Prophets to their very essence.  

Apart from Me, you can do nothing.  

So please don’t even try.  It’s quite ugly, and more often than not, does more harm than good.  

I simply cannot produce apart from Him.  Therefore.  Abide.

No comments:

Post a Comment