Wednesday, December 19, 2012

And once again the gold glints off the snow-tipped Catalinas


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. Psalm 23:6

The thing about being a scientist is that you never really prove anything, unlike math, which is full of proofs.  What science does is predicts: If under these circumstances, then this will happen.  Science is all about making careful observations of what we see in the world around us and making predictions called hypotheses.  Really and truly everything is theories, and the laws are regularly blown out of the water, as any physicist will tell you.  

And as I consider the world around me, complete with bullets and earthquakes and flames, goodness and mercy still exist, in spite of all of the odds against their very existence.   Still rising up and declaring truth.  Still reflecting the God outside of the box.  His very nature.   And as I watch the sun come up over the Rincons every morning and set behind the low-laying Tucson ranges, I can say to myself, surely the sun will rise tomorrow. 

Likewise I will declare that His goodness and mercy will not fail, but rather they are new every morning; great is His faithfulness.  

It’s all about seeing.  Much like noticing the unchanging moon; acknowledging what is there.  And being thankful.  Great is Thy faithfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment