Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My arms can bend a bow of bronze


Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great.  Psalm 18:35

You protect me with salvation-armor; You hold me up with a firm hand, caress me with Your gentle ways. Psalm 18:35

This is one of those fireball psalms with lots of consuming fire and shaking mountains and blasting breath of nostrils.  The LORD God stepping into the midst of our overwhelming situations and putting things straight, in a fairly Rambo-like manner.  Not that I have ever seen Rambo, but how I imagine it.  

And in the midst of all these great bolts of lightening and blazing burning coals, He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters.

And all of the translations grapple with the concept of an Almighty sweepingly powerful God reaching down in humility and grace to rescue me.  And what a marvel that is indeed.  

You, Lord, keep my lamp burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment