Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Peace like a river

The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will there not be a lifting up of your face? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.” Genesis 4:6-7

The choice is mine.

All day, every day.

And really the decision is in my head and in my heart, how I chose to view the world around me is choosing to rule over sin or to choose to let it rule over me. I must tear down every proud idea that raises itself against the knowledge of God. I must capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

And taking a step back and breathing the clear sweet air of truth, why would I ever chose otherwise, other than the perfect peace of the mind stayed on Him.

And I have the picture of a deep flowing river, quietly flowing through thick greenness of overhanging willows and bluebells and red columbine dripping over the edges. With of course the bright, bright sky and puffy clouds of promise bubbling overhead.


So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment