Thursday, December 19, 2013

Stars in the sky

So Abraham named that place The Lord Provides. Even today people say, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.” Genesis 22:14

So the revealing of this story is that The Lord Provides. Ever since the days of Cain and Abel, from the very beginning, man thought if he just worked hard enough and did everything right, he could please God.  Maybe even sacrifice his own son, his beloved son.

Abraham answered, “God will give us the lamb for the sacrifice, my son.”

And in Abraham’s faith there was a knowing.  An utter confidence. Not that he was always in the sweet spot, but when he was, he was. Jehovah-jireh.

Jehova-jireh can be translated three ways: The LORD Will See, The LORD Will Provide, or The LORD Shall Be Seen.

And as I head out towards the soaring Catalinas with puffy-with-promise-of-rain clouds, well, a cloud the size of a man’s hand in the gold and blue sky, may this be the declaration of my heart.

Jehova-jireh, Jehova-jireh
His grace is sufficient for me, for me, for me
My God shall provide for all my needs
According to His riches in glory.
He will give His angels charge over me.
Jehova-jireh cares for me.

The LORD will see.
The LORD will provide.
And Therefore The LORD shall be seen.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment