Friday, December 6, 2013

What in the blazes is gopher wood?

Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. Genesis 6:9

To walk with God.

And I ditched swimming this morning, which actually was pretty sweet because I got a lot more time to pray.  Well, pray without thinking about high elbows and hip rotation. 

And I rested in Him. Weston sent me a little prayer thing with breathing in and breathing out the name of YAHWEY


God is always with me. Yet I forget so easily. But there is nothing like His Presence. Like oil for the Tinman, the Presence must be given room, given time to wash over me. His Presence is peace. Peace smooths the cranky, kinky parts. His Presence works gently through me and He rewires my inner workings. As I rest in His midst, He works through my being forming me to be as I was made to be. His Spirit is cleansing, healing, renewing oil.

Daddy, I am stilled before You. Truly my soul finds rest in You.

Be still and know that I am God.

Be still and know that I AM.

Be still and know.

Be still.

Be.

And I was praying over the Friday list, and I have a lot Friday friends who are traversing that decomposed granite caliche stuff that I tried to walk down on Saturday. And I was praying for God’s peace and strong arm presence as they walked this part of the path; may His light shine brightly.

And the thing about walking with God is that He is walking with me, and I am walking with Him. Walking together.

And He has promised never to leave or forsake me. So it is really a question of awareness. May I notice Him today. tender to his voice. Even if His voice says, “Make yourself an ark of gopher wood,” Noah obeyed.

 He didn’t even ask about the gopher wood.
-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment