Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The world is too large a place to fit into one man's head, a quote from my Istanbul mystery

Porque ha engrandecido sobre nosotros su misericordia, y la fidelidad de Jehova es para siempre. Alelula. Salmos 117,2

Excelso Dios, no hay dia ni hora en que no se invocan tu nombre, en miles de idiomas, en miles de voces que suplican, que reclaman y que buscan consuelo ante un sinfin de necesidades. Permite, SeƱor, que esas manos plegadas en oraciones se juntas como eslabones de una cadena, a fin de que juntas podambos fortelecernos en la fe y la esperanza.

This is a big travel day, across London on the Underground, across the Atlantic to Philadelphia, and then across the West to Denver and my sweet sister. That's a lot of people.

But You have enough mercy and faithfulness for each one, because You are God.

Right now I am sitting in John and Lucy's cozy living room overlooking a dappled light park, and all is still. But every stillness has its story. John told me that twenty years ago, a little girl ran across the street and was killed, so that is why the city council decided to block this street.

And today may I be a blessing. Me with the Venetian glass St. Francis cross around my neck as a reminder.

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

May I be a link in the great chain of Your love, that We will strengthen each other in faith and hope.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment