Monday, July 14, 2014

Dear LORD God of heaven and earth, please reveal Yourself.

…estando convencido precisamente de esto: que El que comenzó en vosotros la buena obra, la perfeccionará hasta el día de Cristo Jesús. Filipenses 1, 6

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace. Philippians 1:6-7

And as I work my way through the “Fixed prayers” Word document on my desktop with lots of pauses I wonder. What does this all mean? Because this weekend has been full of heartachy conversations. And I can’t really kiss the boo boo and have it go away, like Everette’s slightly scraped knee and her finely honed pouty face.

And sometimes I am not so sure as ol’ locked-in-prison Paul. But sometimes life calls us to act upon what we want to believe, much like sometimes I chose to act towards that ornery kid with the attitude like I love him and the love clicks into place.

And speaking of love, I am going to choose His love, the light in which I see light.

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, and Your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the strong mountains, Your justice like the great deep; You save both man and beast, O LORD. How priceless is Your love, O God! Your people take refuge under the shadow of Your wings. They feast upon the abundance of Your house; You give them drink from the river of Your delights. For with You is the well of life, and in Your light we see light. 

And His seventy times seven grace. This is what I share with each of you, you all that I hold in my heart.


So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment