Thursday, September 18, 2014

A place whose name literally means “oil press.”


Let my cry come before You, O LORD; give me understanding, according to Your word. Let my supplication come before You; deliver me, according to Your promise. Psalm 119:169–70

And in the same way that an angel appeared and comforted Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, may You send me strengthening, the renewed certainty–cold comfort this–that the thing must be endured and therefore could be? Lewis, Letters to Malcolm

O God, come to my assistance! O Lord, make haste to help me!

* * *

So yesterday started off rough. I couldn’t even make it through swimming because I was weeping so much I couldn’t breathe properly. Which made Jim the coach very uncomfortable.

But God is faithful.

Or is it And God is faithful. Through it all.  This is how it works, the plan.

And lots of angel-comforters stepped in yesterday and filled me with courage and understanding. And today as well. Step by step. Not all slumber, weighted down with sleep, but many are awake and watching in love.

He made haste. And His children made haste. What grace and mercy.

Glory in His holy Name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Psalm 105:3


No comments:

Post a Comment