Thursday, September 25, 2014

And he sang a little song to calm his child's heart

The Lord God, holy, compassionate and worthy of praise.

Praise the Lord, I tell myself
            Rather than listen to The Accuser
With my whole heart
            I hate a divided heart
Never forget the good things He does for me
            Eucharist always precedes the miracle
He forgives all of my sins
            Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me a sinner.
He surrounds me with love and tender mercies
            …and Manual picked me up at the Shell station in the pouring rain
He fills my life with good things
            Bright pink daises in an elegant vase
My youth is renewed like an eagle’s
            Your incredible joy and enthusiasm are infectious”
The LORD gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly
            I have seen your pain
The LORD is merciful and gracious;
            Let me be like Him
He is slow to get angry and is full of unfailing love.
            “This is how much I love you,” and He stretched forth His arms
He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever
            Let me be like Him
His unfailing love is as great as the height of the heavens
            And the green volcanoes that push through the clouds
The LORD is a father for His children
            And I have spent all day with Manual and six-month Emiliano
Tender and compassionate
            Siempre atento a sus necesidades
He understands how weak we are
            Con paciencia hasta que cuando grite
Our days on the earth are like grass, the wind blows and we are gone
            I am reminded of this walking through ancient streets
But the love of the LORD remains forever
            Not even earthquakes can shake loose His love
His salvation extends to the children’s children
            I claim this for sweet tousle curled Everette
The LORD rules over everything
            And in Him I can trust
Praise the LORD, you angels who carry out His plans
            Angels disguised as gentle Mayans
Praise the LORD, everything He created,
            Especially each and every soul in these crowded streets
As for me–I too will praise the LORD.

As for me–I too will praise the LORD.   -Psalm 103


No comments:

Post a Comment