Wednesday, September 10, 2014

And I said, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!


Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed.

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.

And He will make your uprightness and right standing with God go forth as the light, and your justice and right as [the shining sun of] the noonday.

Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him. Psalm 37:3-7

Prayer: Abba Father, I bow my knee to your supreme authority in my life. You are the Potter, I am the clay. Make what You will.

Trust. Dwell. Delight. Commit. Be. Rest.

What are the desires and secret petitions of my heart?

Unconditional love and purpose.

That is the longing in each of our hearts. To be known and to know. I was made by God for relationship with Himself and others, and made for meaningful impact on His world for God and with God.

Prayer: Grant me, O Lord, to trust in You with all my heart; for, as You always resist the proud who confide in their own strength, so You never forsake those who make their boast of Your mercy; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment