Tuesday, December 23, 2014

“Come in, -- come in! and know me better, man!


Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:11

He who did not spare his own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things? This talks about the generous heart of God. This invites me to explore just how generous God is, and once we begin to see Him as generous, we ourselves get to express and emulate His generosity here on earth.  This is a great opportunity to freshly see Him and an opportunity to follow Him by what we say and do. And think. He thinks generously of me. Beyond my wildest imagination.

Thus, I ask You LORD to create in me a clean heart, with no cluttered and stacked-up-high resentments or stained memories or stinky low expectations this-is-what-always-happens. And renew a right spirit within me. The spirit of a safely tucked-up-under-your-wing child who is dearly beloved and thus can love unconditionally. Even as You have loved me, with every good gift and every perfect gift, coming down from You, the Father of Lights with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment