Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Then He told them to have all the people sit down together in groups on the green grass.



I will exalt you, O LORD, because You have lifted me up and have not let my enemies triumph over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and you restored me to health. You brought me up, O LORD, from the dead; You restored my life as I was going down to the grave. Sing to the LORD, you servants of His; give thanks for the remembrance of His holiness. For His wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, His favor for a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:1-6



So I read one of those marriage articles this morning and the main piece of advise runs along the lines of “If your feelings of love are waning, they can be recovered. With some effort, intention and energy, love can grow.”



And that good advise also has something to do about exalting God. This counselor guy almost always give the suffering couple the same assignment: on the way home, retell the stories of your first date, how you fell in love, what first attracted you to the other, what you love the most about each other and what your dreams are of a future together.



And Jesus always gave thanks before he broke the bread.



And as I bring my small little loaves to Jesus, may I too give thanks.



Exalt His name, for He is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment