Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pictures of dendrites with pulses of light at the point of contact.

Call to Worship For my part, I will sing of Your strength; I will celebrate Your love in the morning; For You have become my stronghold. To You, O my Strength, will I sing; for You, O God, are my stronghold and my merciful God. Psalm 59:18–20

Contemplation Happy are the people whose strength is in You, whose hearts are set on the pilgrims’ way. Psalm 84:4
  
I hear the Savior say, “Thy strength indeed is small; Child of weakness, watch and pray, Find in Me thine all in all.”

Lord, now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone, Can change the leper’s spots and melt the heart of stone.

Prayer Most loving Father, whose will it is for us to give thanks for all things, to cast all our care on you who cares for us: Preserve me from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from me the light of that love which is immortal, and which You have manifested to us in your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. 

The most important thing is to hear the Savior’s voice. Not words of mocking condemnation, but of tender truth. Find in Me thine all in all.

And it seems like it would be more accurate to sing, “You are becoming my stronghold.” But what is true is that whether I see it or not, believe it or not, live it or not, He is indeed my stronghold.

And this morning I read through some of the old posts from three years ago, the stories of Fred and Marco and Vineyard Cafés and a visit to San José de Ocoa, looking for this becoming idea. But no, what is true is His steadfast love then and now, never shifting, only sometimes hidden by our clouded vision.

And this morning I pray this same pray that I wrote three years ago: Therefore, as I lean into prayer today, may I be aware of the great cloud of witnesses who are the physical manifestation of the reality that lies outside of my spectrum of visible light.  The manifest glory of the Holy One.  And let me not be entangled with my narrow understanding and inclinations to the softer path. Rather, let me fix my eyes on the Author and Perfector of my faith.  And the faith of those for whom I pray.  That it will not fail.  And that His glory will be revealed.  


To You, O my Strength, will I sing; for You, my merciful God.


No comments:

Post a Comment