Thursday, May 21, 2015

And once again, my thoughts turn to data analysis, both quantitative and qualitative.

Jesus taught us, saying: “So always treat others as you like them to treat you; that is the Law and the Prophets.” Mathew 7:12

Almighty and merciful God, in Your goodness keep me, I pray, from all things that may hurt me, that I, being ready both in mind and body, may accomplish with a free heart those things which belong to Your purpose; through Jesus Christ my Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

I was pretty tired after I got home from family dinner last night. Um, like sort of dizzy tired. I had done lots of leaping about at school in my feeble attempt to drag attention away from who had called whom what, and towards the finer points of public speaking and the rubric and the reflection paragraph on What did I learn? and eegees for any class that was able to finish all of their presentations. Why do you jump around so much, Miss? So I got up at four this morning to make lots of fancy certificates:

Excellence in Science Award
Presented to
Sasha Bilbeisis
For demonstrating excellence and inspiring others
to perform at their best
WE ARE A BETTER TEAM BECAUSE OF YOU.

And as I ran my mind down the list of 147 names, I considered each child. Each child who now holds a little piece of my heart. And each one is not his or her worst moment. Each one is a child of the King, so loved.

And I pray to the King of the Harvest that He will prove His faithfulness, even where I proved of little faith. And timid. And weary.  But the seed has been sown. And some has surely fallen by the waysides and among the thorns.

But Dear Almighty and Merciful God, may some fall in fertile soil, and produce a harvest thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times.


Because it is all about Your goodness. For Yours are the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment