Wednesday, May 13, 2015

And the curtain has been torn asunder.

Arise, O Lord, and go to Your resting place,
    You and the ark of Your might.
Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,
    and let Your saints shout for joy. Psalm 132:8-9

And really this is the Big Deal. When Jesus declared, “It is finished,” the curtain ripped in two and His rest and His might and His righteous clothing became mine. Let me shout for joy.

And this morning I prayed with Matteo. And what came to mind was the fresh bubbling spring that He offered to the woman who was weary and alone and a little sad with her empty jars. I always love the Isaiah invitation: Come, ho! Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

And on the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.

And the park this morning was drenched, and pools of water reflected from every sidewalk. And the scent of green rose up welcoming me and all others to share in her beauty. And well, I must admit that recycled sewage water that makes for a pretty poor analogy with the Living Water. But even so, there was a fresh beauty hanging from every trembling-in-the-faint-breeze leaf.



And thus, may I leave my broken cisterns, cracked and empty and step into the Holy of Holies, And like Moses, whose face glowed with light when he had been with the LORD, may people say when they see me, She has been with Jesus.

And as I rode my little circuit, I sang Come Lord Jesus, Come. And I thought about the wandering son and His loving Father. And he turned and headed home. And when he was a long way off, His Father saw him and ran to him with great joy.

And my baby steps towards Him are greeted with big huge bounds of delight.

Blessed are those who thirst, for they shall be satisfied.
Come drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment