Thursday, May 7, 2015

When Jesus say yes, nobody can say no My Jesus.

Send out Your light and Your truth, that they may lead me, and bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling; That I may go to the altar of God, to the God of my joy and gladness. Psalm 43:3

Gordon Smith’s fifth question is: What is the cross you have been called to bear? Responding to our vocation inevitably requires exchanging other life-options in order to grow into the precious pearl of our “name in Christ.” What are you called to “leave” before you can “cleave” to your new creation? Perhaps it is letting go of your own cherished ideals or imagined futures that represent some of the crosses you must bear in becoming who you truly are in Christ.

And I am pretty sure that God is calling me to leave. To leave my cherished but quite wobbly position of trying to hold everything all together. Release. Lay it all down, to the God of my joy and gladness.

These days I have been trying to take care of my still quite tender ribs, and not the sort of grilled-in-the-backyard-ribs I am serving Sunday to the big ol’ extended family but my still-feeling-smooshed-on-the-pavement-ribs, by riding along the nice easy flat smooth path through the desert and around the park.

And the main thing besides the creosote and the swirling hawks and the damp golf course grass is all of the folks are riding walking striding dashing with me in joy and gladness. Because every single one of them knows that he or she is in the exact right moment for now, 5:15 in the morning. Ain’t nothing better to be doing right now. The sweet spot.

And each and every one of the folks from every possible walk of life, well, this one guy, the oldest man I have ever seen in my life had sort of a joghobble walk of life thing going with a hugest smile, greeted me with a “Good morning” with that same cheerful lilt of “Buen Camino” that greets each pilgrim on The Way.

The sweet spot. Laying it all on the altar of His light and His truth.

I was talking to Marco even earlier this morning as we sorted through the topic of bicycles, and he too is at a moment of decision. And he too has no clarity. Well, he said, “The only thing I know is that Jesus loves me.” And he told me to listen to his happy song.

I'm not worried 'bout a thing
'Cause I know You are guiding me
Where You lead me, Lord, I will go
I have no fear cause I know who's in control


And Marco is praying for a crash of clarity as he heads off to Assisi this weekend and then to Israel with the Franciscans.


The crash of clarity.

Me too.

And I am picturing that big last splashing spraying crash, the last breaking wave of the tossed by the wind waves, and then all is silent as it rolls into the long expanse of smooth sandy beach with a frost of foam and bubbles. Peace.

He is in control.

Where You lead me, Lord, I will go.


No comments:

Post a Comment