Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Overwhelmed.


. . . the love of Christ overwhelms us when we consider that if one man died for all, then all have died; his purpose in dying for all humanity was that those who live should live not any more for themselves, but for him who died and was raised to life for them. From now onwards, then, we do not consider anyone by human standards: even if we were once familiar with Christ according to human standards, we do not know him in that way any longer. So for anyone who is in Christ, there is a new creation; the old order is gone and a new being is there to see. It is all God’s work, he reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. I mean, God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not holding anyone’s faults against them, but entrusted to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:14–19

Dear LORD God, overwhelm me with Your love. Let me live in the place of joy and thanksgiving that You do not hold my faults against me, but have entrusted to me the message of reconciliation.

Almighty God, You have surrounded me with a great cloud of witnesses: Grant that I, encouraged by the good example of Your servants, may persevere in running the race that is set before me, until at last I may attain to Your eternal joy; through Jesus Christ, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment