Wednesday, September 2, 2015

And once again the sun rises.

Jesus knew that the Father had put everything into his hands, and that he had come from God and was returning to God, and he got up from table, removed his outer garments and, taking a towel, wrapped it round his waist; he then poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel he was wearing… John 13:3–5

I will listen to what the LORD God is saying, for He is speaking peace to his faithful people and to those who turn their hearts to Him. Psalm 85:8

So I am kind of thinking crazy crazy day today. Nicole is leaving for a two-month jaunt around the country and I am taking her to the airport after swimming. And then I need to swing back home to pick up Manuel for school because the Teamsters are still striking. And I have breakfast duty this morning. And my co-teacher is in Phoenix today so I am picking up all of her classes and I am picking up Uncle Jim because he is coming to family dinner for the first time in more than a year and btw can I pick up two bottles of sparkling prosecco to celebrate Dustin’s birthday?

And there is a lot of pick up’s today, a wrapping of a towel around my waist and washing feet today, but it is so perfectly fine. Because, really and truly, I know what I know. And with that deep understanding I can walk peace throughout the day. 

Even though the classroom projector is broken. And the internet went out again yesterday. So once I step foot inside that building I am out of contact with google for ten hours. And my phone, which will be turned to Mute is not taking messages so that will mean yet another trip to Verizon on Saturday. So texting is all I got. Who would have ever thunk that about me? And I wasn’t very clever for a friend’s birthday today, even though I wanted to be. And I decided not to swim this morning but to sit quietly in the dark except for the sparkly lights.

And I think of Jesus on that last night. And there is a lot of calm, a breaking of the bread and passing of the cup. And promises of a future. And there is the despair as well, the weeping in the garden. And at each moment, the Father met Him.

And I am all about an angel of the LORD coming and strengthening me if I start to falter.

My fixed psalm for the day is: Be still, then, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:11

And my fixed prayer for me on Wednesdays is that I will not lean on my own strength and understanding, but in all my ways I will acknowledge You and have a heart of thanksgiving and be filled with Your wisdom and grace.  And may I live in the joy of the Holy Spirit.


Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment