Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fingerprints all over the place.

You are my God, and I will thank you; you are my God, and I will exalt you. Psalm 118:28

So another thing Matteo and I talked about yesterday was maybe we needed to write a book trying to figure out why this journey is so hard, every single day. Every single day we need manna; we can’t store it up. Every single day we ask for our daily bread. Every single day we need to wash off our dusty feet. I mean, Jesus himself had to pray in solitude before each pushing, shoving single day.

Lest we even pretend for even a moment that we are not clinging to His hand.

But He is faithful. And His mercies are new every day.  Even in the early evening when I walk out of Fry’s after a long hard school day with some soggy paper bags that rip open and spill out eggs and pears all over the pavement. And I whisper or perhaps mutter, Dear God I need some gladness, and from my kneeling down position I glance upward, and there He is, written all over the Tucson sky.
photo by Carlos Azarte

And the day before a whole carton of eggs fell out of the refrigerator door. So we ate bacon and roasted tomato and basil omelets.

With toast.


And I will thank you. You are my God. I will exalt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment