Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Better to abandon your quest for interpersonal justice and focus on what you can control – your forgiveness of others. -Seth Barnes

May God be merciful to us and bless us, show us the light of His countenance and come to us. Let Your ways be known upon earth, Your saving health among all nations. Psalm 67:1-2

 It has become somewhat of a cliché, God Bless America. Even a political spat point. But indeed, may He show us the light of His countenance. May we know His ways.

Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant me so to hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that I may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

And may we embrace Scripture. And take it seriously, outside of the platitudes. And meditate upon it. And digest it. And let it work into our soul deeply. May His ways be known upon earth, His saving health among all nations.

The earth. All nations.

His ways.

The us is a lot bigger.

Jesus declared publicly: If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall judge such a person, since I have come not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Let me be about His business.  

And once again, Seth Barnes had a good word. A guy with his boots on and in the trenches. And he reminds me that cannot fret about others. But me, me I can keep His words, and keep them faithfully. And as He did not come to judge the world, so then neither shall I.





Rather, let me be about His business.  

No comments:

Post a Comment