Friday, August 12, 2016

Behold I stand at the door and knock.

Our God will come and will not keep silence. Psalm 51:2

You have to be taught how to leave the field open. The ego or false self strengthens itself by constriction, by being against, or by re-action; it feels loss or fear when it opens up to subtlety and MysteryFor the True Self, there is nothing to hate, reject, deny, or judge as unworthy or unnecessary. It has “been forgiven much and so it loves much” (Luke 7:47). –Richard Rohr

Dear Lord, I have swept and I have washed but still nothing is as shining as it should be for you. And still I believe you will come, Lord: you will, when I speak to the fox, to the sparrow, the lost dog, the shivering sea-goose, know that I am really speaking to you when I say, as I do all morning and afternoon: Come in, Come in. –Mary Oliver

Even so come, Lord Jesus.

And I join my sister Mary Magdalene, kneeling at Your feet. I who have been forgiven much, may I learn to love much.

I give You thanks, for Your mercy endures forever.

Come in, Come in.

And may I welcome You: the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the ill and the in prison.

Even so come, Lord Jesus.

Speak, Lord.
Your servant is listening.



No comments:

Post a Comment