Wednesday, November 2, 2016

It's a new day.

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

For this new day I give Thee humble thanks: for its gladness and its brightness: for it long hours to be filled with joyous and helpful labour: for its open doors of possibility: for its hope of new beginnings. Quicken in my heart, I beseech Thee, the desire to avail myself richly of this day’s opportunity. Let me not break faith with any of yesterday’s promises, nor leave unrepaired any of yesterday’s promises, nor leave unrepaired any of yesterday’s wrongs. Let me see no fellow traveller in distress and pass by on the other side. Let me leave no height of duty behind me unattempted, nor any evil habit unassaulted. Where deed of mine can help to make this world a better place for men to live in, where word of mine can heal a despondent heart or brace a weak will, where prayer of mine can serve the extension of Christ’s kingdom, there let me do and speak and pray. –John Baille

Well, jury duty was cancelled. So I have yet another chance to step into my veritable cauldron of opportunity all day long.


May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment