Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Kneeling down and gathering His sustenance, while it is yet dark.

O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant and the child of your handmaid; you have freed me from my bonds. Psalm 116:14

But the Lord answered, ‘Martha, Martha,’ he said, ‘you worry and fret about so many things, and yet few are needed, indeed only one. It is Mary who has chosen the better part, and it is not to be taken from her.’ Luke 10:38-42

Day after day, His manna and the admonitions and encouragement of His followers, is found waiting, perfectly formed from heaven for me, this very moment, to satisfy the hunger of my soul. 

O GOD, who of Thy love and pity didst send us Jesus Christ for the illumination of our darkness, give me wisdom to profit by the words He spoke and grace to follow in the steps He trod. 
·       When ye stand praying, forgive, if you have ought against any.
·       It is more blessed to give than receive.
·       Enter ye at the strait gate.
·       Judge not.
·       What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? –John Baillie

Lord our God, we thank you for giving us Jesus Christ, whose words remain living to this very day. You will make His words continually alive so that in the name of Jesus Christ joyful praises are sung to you, Almighty God and Father in heaven. Remember us all. Remember the particular needs of each one of us. Come to the world through the words of Jesus Christ. May His words come as your strong angels to the hearts of many to comfort and restore, to help and do miracles for those in need. May your name be praised through the great and mighty Word, Jesus Christ! Amen. - Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt

And as I turn to eucharisto, thanking Him for His thousand gifts, today those from which I can see from my window, From my window, it is still dark outside. But You are there. And I know that the stars shine overhead, and the Catalinas loom in presence, and the fresh breeze of a new season swirls, even if I cannot see them yet. It is always darkest just before dawn. 

Glory be to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, so it is now and so it shall ever be, world without end. Alleluia. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment