Thursday, November 10, 2016

May I speak the truth in my heart.

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land where no water is; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead my in thy truth and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Amen.

 I think, oddly of course, that the greatest treasure I discovered in my summer travels through Turkey and Greece and Italy this summer was a quiet little prayer from the small and simple San Damiano chapel in Assisi…
Most high and glorious God,
Enlighten the darkness of my heart.
Give me true faith, certain hope and perfect charity,
Wisdom and insight
That I may carry out
Your holy and true command.

And when my heart becomes cluttered with many things not of Him, it is a gentle reminder to turn my gaze upon His love and trust Him truly.


Dive under the threatening waves and rest in Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment