Friday, November 11, 2016

The Crossed branch; let it be so. John 15:4

Jesus taught us, saying: “Remain in me, as I in you. John 15:4


O Omnipresent One, beneath whose all-seeing eye our mortal lives are passed, grant that in all my deeds and purposes today I may behave with true courtesy and honour. Let me be just and true in all my dealings. Let no mean or low thought have a moment’s place in my mind. Let my motives be transparent to all. Let my word be my bond. Let me take no unchivalrous advantage of anybody. Let me be generous in my judgment of others. Let me be disinterested in my opinions. Let me face adversity with courage. Let me not ask or expect too much for myself. Let such a mind be in me as was in Him. O Thou whose love to man was proven in the passion and death of Jesus Christ our Lord, let the power of His Cross be with me today. Let me love as He loved. In leaning upon His Cross, let me not refuse my own; yet in bearing mine, let me wear it by the strength of His. –John Baillie

No comments:

Post a Comment