Friday, March 17, 2017

Yet always ready to throw myself into the sea.

Show me Your ways, O LORD, and teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; in You have I trusted all the day long. Psalm 25:3–4

They are like trees planted by streams of water, bearing fruit in due season, with leaves that do not wither; everything they do shall prosper. Psalm 1

That disciple whom Jesus loved therefore said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment, for he was stripped for work, and threw himself into the sea. John 21:7

Due season.

Let me be led.
Let me trust.
Not dashing on ahead or snatching unripe fruit.

Yet always ready to throw myself into the sea.

You, O LORD, show me Your ways and teach me Your paths.

Could we pierce the veil, and were we vigilant and attentive, God would reveal Himself continuously to us and we should rejoice in His action in everything that happened to us. At every occurrence we should say: Dominus est–it is the Lord; and in all circumstances we should find a gift from God.  J. P. de Caussade


Dear Father in heaven, grant that we may come to You in the Spirit. Through Your Spirit gather us and many others on earth around our Lord Jesus Christ, the great Savior of humankind. May our hearts become truly free because You deliver us from all bondage to our own natures and to the world around us. As free people may we be led safely through distress, fear, and want, through need and death. May we become happy children whom Jesus Christ has called to life, children who are not discouraged by the struggle but who fight joyfully for your kingdom until it can be revealed to all the world. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment