Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The inner journey to the place of rest. -Nouwen

LORD, hear my prayer, and in your faithfulness heed my supplications; answer me in Your righteousness. My spirit faints within me; my heart within me is desolate. I remember the time past; I muse upon all Your deeds; I consider the works of Your hands. I spread out my hands to You; my soul gasps to You like a thirsty land. O LORD, make haste to answer me; my spirit fails me; do not hide Your face from me or I shall be like those who go down to the Pit. Let me hear of Your loving-kindness in the morning, for I put my trust in You; show me the road that I must walk, for I lift up my soul to You. Psalm 143

I read today that John Calvin wrote 159 sermons on Job. And every one of them ended with this, “Now we present ourselves before the face of God and bow in humble reverence.”

And sometimes I don’t have anything to say to my God. No words.

So it’s a great time to take another swing through the desert, along Arrollo Chico and listen.

May I hear of Your loving-kindness in the morning, for I lift up my soul unto Thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment