Tuesday, April 4, 2017

And oh yes, I read the Sunday paper in my hammock during just a lightest drizzle of rain.

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    You hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me;
    because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
    my flesh also dwells secure.
Psalm 16:5-9


Maybe I have a crazy low bar, but there are many things detailing my pleasant places, including teaching adult Sunday School and ushering yesterday and how I love the folks at AME, walking the Cyclovia trail afterwards with all of the pedaling laughing celebrating cyclists of Tucson, painting Heather and Dustin’s front and back porches yesterday afternoon with Dre and Adam and Nicole, listening to Simon and Garfunkel and eating the best carne asada tacos ever afterwards, and not least of all, having put together some rocking great lesson plans for teaching Genetics this week, and today we are going to gargle with salt water and spit into a cup and spool our DNA strands onto a glass rod (and Stand and Deliver our Romeo and Juliet lines and write an argumentative essay about whether student Don has the right to wear his band T-shirt to school citing the Bill of Rights and assorted court cases).  

My heart, therefore, is glad, and my spirit rejoices : my body also shall rest in hope.

And none of us have the tiniest clue about what lies ahead.
But He who is unbound by time holds us in His loving hands.
Therefore,
May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you : wherever He may send you;
May He guide you through the wilderness : protect you through the storm;
May He bring you home rejoicing : at the wonders He has shown;

May He bring you home rejoicing : at the wonders He has shown.



No comments:

Post a Comment