Sunday, June 11, 2017

Your justice is Your mercy, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The wicked have venom like the venom of a serpent,
    like the deaf adder that stops its ear,
so that it does not hear the voice of charmers
    or of the cunning enchanter.
O God, break the teeth in their mouths;
    tear out the fangs of the young lions, O Lord!
Let them vanish like water that runs away;
    when he aims his arrows, let them be blunted.
Let them be like the snail that dissolves into slime,
    like the stillborn child who never sees the sun. Psalm 58:4-8

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

God, You alone are the judge of humankind, yet You call us to work toward justice. Help us make the judgments necessary for faithful living without becoming judgmental, that we may celebrate the mystery by which Your justice is Your mercy, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Each child of God beloved and broken… He came into the world, not to condemn it, but through Him each might be saved.

In the tangled pain and fear and bitterness and greed and lies that has wrapped its evil web around each and every bright branch of God’s creation, may I live in the truth that I battle not against flesh and blood, but against the Evil One and his minions.

This is what is true.

This is the prayer of Father forgive them, for they know not what they do of the One I follow.

Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God.

My job is to take care of my own eye planks. To moment by moment seek that my seeing is clear so that my thoughts, my words, my actions are true and founded firmly in His love. To judge not lest I be judged.

And when He, who knows our frame is but dust, who sees the heart and not the outward appearance, looks into the face of His child, whether it be the widow with a dead son or the blind men by the side of the road or a great hungry crowd sitting on a hill or the huge teeming city that was about to whip Him and spit upon Him and mock Him, He was filled with compassion.

And claro que no, I cannot do this as Christy. Again and again I fall prey to the serpent’s venom, and I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Me and Paul.

I do not understand my own actions. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.  For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Who will break the teeth and tear out the fangs?

Thanks be to the Father Who so loved the world.

Thanks be to Jesus with the outstretched arms Who with His last breath declared It is finished.

Thanks be to the Spirit through Whom God’s love has been poured into me.

Oh Lord, let my soul rise up to meet You.
As the day rises to meet the sun.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Come let us bow down and bend the knee : let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God.


Selah.




No comments:

Post a Comment