Friday, September 14, 2012

The frayed wires of my brain


But they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he was speaking. Acts 6:10

And His Spirit is one of wisdom.  

I am seeking wisdom.  So many cluttery thoughts from so many sources, some respectable and credible, some not so much. Check your sources.  And how do we sort through it all?  How many times a day am I directed to read through reams of fine print and sign here.   Flip, flip, flip, click.  

It is difficult not to live life with a simple shrug and a leap.  How can I possibly make sense of it anyway?  I guess that’s what all the jillions of advertising money is betting, that our lives are completely impulse-driven.  And politics.  Looking for that one four-to-seven word soundbite that will direct thousands upon millions of punch card ballots on November 12.  The fate of the world depends on the haphazard whims of a distracted populace.

Or does it?  

Are the myriad decisions only important in that it is a dance with the One, step in, lean in, to the side, back.  The light on the path?  And in the big, big picture, the one viewed from the universe held in the palm of His nail-pierced hand, He has my back, each of our backs?  And once again, love wins.  “Be still, then, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:11 

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.

Against such is no law.

No comments:

Post a Comment